Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Yes, I'm Alive...

Hello World... 

It's me, from the cover of a privatized blog, and a million updates I could give you. 
For those of you that see me often, or follow my insta, you're probably pretty up to speed. As for the rest of you, sorry! I've gone completely MIA, for good reason. 
My life went a little topsy turvy when the company I've worked for for the last 7 years was restructured, and my boss lost his position as CEO. Devastating. 
And then, just 2 weeks later, I lost mine as well. 

From this, I've lost a lot of friends, ended a lot of relationships, and kind of feel like I was put through the wringer. This, of course, was all on top of losing Phoebe. Which has still been the hardest thing I've ever gone through. It has gotten a bit easier as time has passed, but still an emotional topic for me, that I don't like discussing, just too hard. 



Oliver's face right here, kind of sums up how my life has been as of late. 

(This photo makes me giggle, I woke up to him looking like this yesterday morning and was laughing from the moment I opened my eyes). 
Anyway, all of these changes, maybe it was for my own good (this is SINCERELY doubt, but I'm willing to be a silver lining believer and look for the potential in things). 



For some reason I look like I'm 14 here. But I've still been having a bit of fun, keeping up with friends, but not singing as much karaoke as I used to, which is a shame. But less singing means more dancing, which is something I missed out on in my early twenties, and am making up for now. I dance every chance I can get. This was from a few weeks ago, we went to Keys on Main, a dueling piano bar in Salt Lake. The best part of the night was when someone paid to have them sing and play "What does the Fox say". The worst/best thing since Gangnam Style.... so of course I'm madly in love with it.



I took a few days, and got right back into things, and while I don't feel like I've found the perfect job yet, I'm getting there, figuring it out. And that's ok. 


I've been drinking ridiculous amounts of coffee, you only have to say hazelnut white mocha to make my heart melt, just a little bit. I've started frequenting all the little pop up coffee shops in Utah County and have found my favorites. Whip cream has never made me this happy. 


I got a little grief for posting selfies. 
I had a conversation about it with a friend, and she told me 'It's one of the things I love about you Aim, that you love you, and that makes me love you more, I love your photos, and if someone doesn't, they should stop looking". And that made me feel a lot better. 
So I began posting them again. 
Not exactly a huge life change, but something that's been on my mind. Just trying to work on loving myself a bit more. 



Halloween was special. I was able to get a visit from my favorite little nephew. A little Luigi delivered directly to my date night dinner table. A surprise for him, love this photo of his face when he's hugging me, so excited and cute. Made my evening. 




I've rekindled my love of music, reading, and writing. 
It had been months since I picked up a good book and devoured it like I used to.
I just hadn't been feeling me, I had lost a lot of interest in the little pleasures I used to enjoy. 
But music speaks to my soul. And literature speaks to my heart. 

I began writing again. A lovely novel that I hope to share with the world someday. It saw a long time of  dust and neglect. And now, it has entire chapters added to it, something I'm proud of. Another bucket list goal, write a book, become an author, something that's just for me. My way of adding a little more magic to the world. 

7 comments:

Jan said...

I'm so glad you're back. I have missed you.

Kayla said...

Love this post and you!!!

Tamey said...

Glad you are back! I miss you!

Dani said...

It makes me smile that your back! And it makes me smile that I am lucky enough to have been a part of each and every little topsy turvy. I wouldn't have it any other way! :) - Keep posting selfies.

Tiffany said...

Holy cow; pretty sure there should be a special place in hell for people who let someone go from their job so close after losing a loved one whether they are furry or human. Annnd If anyone is giving you grief about posting selfies it's because they're jealous of your beauty and confidence. Shine on sister.

Sara said...

i am happy again. Thanks for sharing yourself with me :) Love you to pieces my little literary love :)

Anonymous said...

I HAVE MISSED READING WHAT YOU WRITE, I LIKE THE WAY YOU SAY THINGS AND SAY HOW YOU FEEL. YOU HAVE AN INTERESTING MIND.